December 8, 2011. Visit website, click here.
Bjarne is a gangsta’ kool kat, he has a rough Norwegian accent too, sounds like Ahhnnohld Schwarzenegger.
There’s Bjarne and his friend Rich Munson with Alissa Bennett (one of the beautiful women of Luxembourg + Dayan Gallery).
3. This is Sverre Bjertnes, he’s Norwegian, he’s a friend of Bjarne’s, he’s draws beautiful pictures and he’s doing a collaboration show with Bjarne- check him out at White Columns in March of ’12.
4. This picture isn’t finished, but I like it already.
5. I really like his studio, it’s grand and grunge and gangsta’ all at once.
6. This is a collaboration between Bjarne and Sverre.
7. Collaboration works on paper, really beautiful ones.
8. It’s love hate here, see where it says “Any social construction is a prison,” funny, man, that’s what I’ve been thinking all week.
9. Don’t tell me you don’t like it.
10. It’s signed by both artists, what is it? Oh, I know, it’s a marsupial on crystal meth morphing into a racehorse, of course!! Why didn’t I see it immediately?!
11. Bjarne as Walter E. Kurtz (Brando) in Apocalypse Now- it’s gripping.
12. Get it?
13. Great text.
14. Wow, look, there’s a portrait of Alissa Bennett herself… comely.
15. There she is again… shapely.
16. This is Bjarne’s big painting.
17. This is what I felt like part of this week as I was blogged by the art mob.
18. Nice lips on that doggie, it’s a strong image.
19. There’s more, and it’s consistent.
20. I like this one, too.